Software Architect / Control System Team Leader
ABOUT THE ROLE
We have an opportunity for a forward-thinking team leader to join our growing and award winning team. Our focus is on new technology and systems that enable the automation of the construction industry.
Howick Ltd manufactures specialist automated rollfoming machinery, with all elements developed in house including software, controls, mechanical and hydraulic design, as well as in house manufacture of all components. This allows us the ability to be world leaders in our field.
The right candidate will have the opportunity to develop a larger team building on the skills of our current team.
This is a hands-on role where you will be applying your skills and building a cohesive multidisciplinary team to cover the entire controls, HMI and electrical systems.
IDEALLY YOU WILL HAVE EXPERIENCE IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS.
- Embedded system programming
- PLC experience with strong programming skills with IEC-61131-3 languages
- Experience with VSD's, Hydraulic systems and print systems
- Proven ability to deliver quality in control system design
- Strong project delivery track record
- Experience with engineering process methodologies
- Experience with agile software development processes
- Supervisory experience
- Proven ability to collaborate and work effectively within the larger team
- Demonstrable ability to apply innovation
- Strong motivation to learn
- Attention to detail
- Detail orientated with excellent written and verbal skills to handle customer facing aspects.
- Ability to be self-driven and self-motivated
- Ability to communicate with influence
- A self motivator with strong work effort and the ability to multitask.
- Industrial or manufacturing background
You will be required to lead the company in future product development requirements in respect of both the Electrical and Controls aspects of the machinery and to play a significant role within the company R&D programme. Working with the mechanical design and fabrication teams.
he team will have a key service support role for both customers and overseas distributors so flexibility is required along with in depth knowledge of machine processes.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES FOR THE TEAM INCLUDE:
- Accountability for focus and driving results in the electrical and controls engineering
- Manage the electrical design and development
- Development and programming of the machine control systems
- Execution of electrical and control R&D projects
- Produce design and engineering documentation in accordance with best practice
- Specify electrical equipment and assist with procurement
- Develop electrical drawings using CAD software
- Provide support to the Management Team to establish product development budgets
- Establishment of professional electrical and controls engineering processes
- Assist with continuous improvement of the engineering processes
- Research technologies and ensure leadership in the electrical and controls engineering
- Identify opportunities for cost innovation
- Provide technical expertise on-demand for customer support cases
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are keen to be a part of the Howick movement please send us a letter and your CV to email@example.com outlining how your achievements, qualifications and personal traits can help us
in the areas detailed above.
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.